Thursday, October 20, 2011

Immigration

  When people think about being a nation of immigrants, they think about the bad that comes from it. But, in reality more good has come from it than bad. Immigrants brought along new languages, religions, and cultures. This is why the United States is such a diverse place, and the ideal place for one to live.

   The reason this is an ideal place to live is not only because of those three facts, but because of all the freedom that U.S. gives to its people. One of my ancestors came from the Philippines, so I understand what it is like to be culturally diverse. She's always telling me stories about the life on her mansion and how wonderful it was, but i wish i could see it in person. This is how immigrants effect me and my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment